Sunday, September 11, 2011

Kenmore Elite H3t frontload washing macine (door will not open)

Goodwin Appliance Repair

Customer calls today in a panic.  My washing machine's door will not open.  He has a Kenmore Elite H3t frontload washing machine.  He said when  he was washing his rugs it stopped halfway through the cycle.  His panic was from reading horror stories on the internet.  He said if it cost to much I will go to Sears and buy a new one today.  I comforted him by letting him know this is a common problem and no it is not a bad machine it can't finish the cycle, therefore the door will not open.

So as I am going to the job I know it is two things, either a bad pump or a clogged pump. 

Now the fun part. Three screws will remove the panel in the front bottom below the door the screws are on the bottom.



Now what I am holding is the cap to the coin trap.  The pump is on the right in the picture.

*Hint have your shop vaccum ready because there will be several gallons of water that need to be sucked up.




Turn the cap slowly untill water starts to trickle out.  Suck it all up before you open it any further, to save yourself from a big mess.


Once the water is all sucked up unscrew that cap and pull it out.  This is the exciting part like checking your christmas stocking.



Wow, looks like I found the problem clogged drain.  That is why the door wouldn't open the water couldn't get to the pump.



After seeing this I asked how log have you owned this washer.  He said 5 years.  As you can see its quite a savings they have going there possibly enough to get a big mac.  The new addition was the foam.  That is from the rugs with the rubber backing.  So now we know not to wash rubber backing rugs in your washing machine.. Oh and don't for get empty your pockets. 



Finally after cleaning and reinstalling the coin catch the cycle continued and the door was unlocked.
I hope you enjoyed this blog and I will continue to post tips and trick to maintaining and repairing all your major household appliances.



Goodwin Appliance Repair
1301 Waiau Pl
Honolulu, HI 96814
808-295-6032

Appliance repair
Refrigerator repair
Washer repair
Dryer repair
Oven repair

my youtuble video on this machine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRXGYJeTzBM
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sugexp=gsih&cp=26&gs_id=g&xhr=t&q=808-295-6032+google+places&qe=ODA4LTI5NS02MDMyIGdvb2dsZSBwbGFjZXM&qesig=wr-FyuGMGx3ReD-jwiCS-g&pkc=AFgZ2tkBX5HpCY8e3YEbePiun9jRgZbANnI8qjisExRCaSoMe4UWrBqOEsHPnVo1FYsbHMyL-yV1IatLXkT9nWNXrlX7-1j_-A&qscrl=1&nord=1&rlz=1T4ADFA_enUS386US387&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&ion=1&biw=1440&bih=688&wrapid=tljp1315795346374024&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

10 comments:

  1. Great step by step explanation. This is a good idea. Maybe I'll take a camera out on some jobs and post up stuff like this. I provide appliance repair in Valencia, California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its very nice to read your blog which is related to my searches.Thanks for posting this sap recruiting details here. I also got more details from this blog , have a view on this also please...!
    Domestic Appliance Repairs Jobs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. Thank you so much.
    stove repair

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time visit here. From the tons of comments on your articles,I guess I am not only one having all the enjoyment right here!
    dryer repair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! Appliance Repairs Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! Viking Oven Repair In Santa Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog aware me about different programs which can become very useful for our friends and kids. Few websites provide combined courses and few of the are separately for single subject. Glad to get this information. gas stove repair

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks Sub Zero repair Calabasas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks Bosch, Miele, Maytag, Viking DRYER REPAIR in Oceanside, California

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. True, GE Monogram, Viking, Scotsman Commercial Appliance repair in Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete